End of Year Teacher Series: Exactly How to Declutter Your Classroom
Listen to the episode to hear exactly how to declutter your classroom now:
This episode is the second of four in our End of Year Teacher Series. In this episode, we talk all about one thing you should be doing at the end of the school year to make your life easier later. What is it? Decluttering your classroom.
Every teacher knows that when you come back to school in the fall, you don't get as much time in your classroom as you would like. You also know that at the end of the school year, it's a mad rush to get everything done so that you can finally go enjoy your well deserved summer break. Lack of time is a common teacher struggle - but it doesn't have to be.
Taking the time at the end of the year to declutter and take inventory will save you time (and money) when you leave for summer break.
Inside the episode, I'll go through 3 steps to make sure you're tidying your classroom so you're scrambling to do it during the back to school season. The 3 steps are:
- Clean everything out - Get rid of what you don't use and be ruthless about it!
- Take inventory - Note what you have AND what you don't need.
- Be organized about putting things back - plain and simple, you don't want to throw things anywhere.
What's Covered In This Episode:
- The importance of decluttering
- A rule of thumb for deciding what to keep and what to get rid of
- Why you should be taking inventory of what you have
- How to put things back so you're not kicking yourself later
Grab My Free Productivity Guide
Learn 3 Ways to Instantly Increase Productivity for Lower Elementary Teachers.
Plus get free time management tips and tools sent straight to your inbox each week.